Wednesday, October 26, 2016
BEING A MUSIC ACTIVIST
As music fans, we're all here for one reason, to be activists for music and those that create it. Here are some great tips to be a great activist and get your voice heard. Be loud, stand up and start talking.
1.- Start small. You don't have to go all out, just start.
2. - Act locally, go listen to local bands, give local artists a chance
3. - Be open minded.
4. - Listen to those you're trying to help. They know what they need, you may not.
5. - Be willing to change your opinion through listening to those of others.
6. - Acknowledge that your way isn't always the best way.
7. - See the big picture and pay attention to the details.
8. - See something bigger than yourself.
9. - Look at the situation through a child's eyes, as someone coming in for the first time, look for things that you know something about.
10. - Pay attention to what's not only being said, but what isn't being said.
11. - Don't be afraid to try new avenues, new ways of doing things, update your thinking.
12. - There is a box, think outside of it, outside of your comfort zone.
13. - Gain experience and learn from it.
14. - Know what you're talking about before you say something.
15. - Surround yourself with people interested in the same cause.
16. - You're not going to be right 100% of the time, no one is. Admit it ahead of time, accept it and live with it.
17. - Don't take yourself so seriously. Lighten up.
18. - Don't feel like you're not doing enough, caring enough to do something is more than enough.
19. - Make the effort, not excuses.
20. - Focus on reasons that what you're fighting for will work, not the reasons it might not.
21. - Do what you feel is right and what YOU truly believe in.
22. - If you can't put your heart into it, take yourself out of it.
23. - Be genuine, be authentic, be yourself. There are enough people out there trying to be like someone else, just be you. There is only one of those.
24. - Don't be afraid to question something if you feel it's wrong.
25. - Stand up, even if you're the only one standing.
26. - Speak up, no one will hear if you don't say anything.
27. - Speak your own voice, don't be someone else's echo.
28. - Get off your ass and do something about it, don't just talk about it.
29. - Believe that you make a difference.
30. - Be proud of what you do and don't give up doing it, even when that's the only thing you want to do.
31. - Keep it kind.