Will perform exclusive worldwide concert engagements at new
Las Vegas Arena beginning April 22 – 23, 2016
New single “Cold Beer Conversation” premieres on country radio 9/23
Courtesy: MCA Nashville
The track listing for Cold Beer Conversation is as follows:
1. “It Was Love” (Keith Gattis)
2. “Cold Beer Conversation” (Al Anderson, Ben Hayslip and Jimmy Yeary)
3. “Let It Go” (George Strait, Bubba Strait and Keith Gattis)
4. “Goin’ Goin’ Gone” (Wyatt Earp and Keith Gattis)
5. “Something Going Down” (Jamey Johnson and Tom Shapiro)
6. “Take Me To Texas” (Brandy Clark and Shane McAnally)
7. “It Takes All Kinds” (George Strait, Bubba Strait, Bob Regan and Wil Nance)
8. “Stop And Drink” (Dale Dodson and Troy Jones)
9. “Everything I See” (George Strait, Bubba Strait, Dean Dillon and Keith Gattis)
10. “Rock Paper Scissors” (Casey Beathard, Monty Criswell and Bubba Strait)
11. “Wish You Well” (Clint Daniels, Jeff Hyde and Brice Long)
12. “Cheaper Than A Shrink” (Bill Anderson, Buddy Cannon and Jamey Johnson)
13. “Even When I Can’t Feel It” (Dean Dillon, Ben Hayslip and Lee Miller)
This is the first new studio album in two years from the MCA Nashville recording artist. His last studio album was the Gold-certified Love is Everything, which featured the Platinum-certified No. 1 hit (and 60th No. 1 hit of his career) “Give It All We Got Tonight” as well as the Gold-certified hit “I Got A Car.” Strait also released The Cowboy Rides Away: Live from AT&T Stadium CD and DVD in 2014, celebrating his mega-successful, two-year final tour.
Strait’s final tour was never meant to convey his final performance, however. Also announced in today’s press conference, Strait will perform a series of exclusive worldwide concert engagements at the new Las Vegas Arena opening in April 2016. The Country Music Hall of Fame inductee will be among the first entertainers to perform at the new venue, with four shows beginning April 22 and additional dates slated for April 23, September 9 and September 10, 2016. Opening for Strait will be GRAMMY, ACM and CMA Award-winning singer/songwriter Kacey Musgraves, who recently released her second studio album Pageant Material to critical acclaim.
“I said all along I wasn’t going to tour anymore, but I also said that I wasn’t retiring by any means and I still wanted to do some dates,” Strait said during the press conference. “I’ve been working a little bit here and there, and I’m really proud of this new album that’s coming out. . . I think it’s a great record – I always say this; I think it’s one of the best records I’ve done. I always shoot for that. You’ve got to go in the studio thinking that way, so I’m very excited about that and I’m also very excited to be coming back out and playing for the fans out there. I’m looking forward to it so much, singing those songs that I love so much and haven’t done in a while. I’m really, really looking forward to being able to play in the new Las Vegas Arena. I hear it’s just unbelievable. I can’t wait.”
Tickets for the concert series will go on sale Friday, Oct. 2 at 10:00 a.m. PT via www.straittovegas.com and range in price from $75 to $200 plus applicable fees. American Express® Card Members can purchase tickets before the general public beginning Friday, Sept. 25 at 10 a.m. PT through Thursday, Oct. 1 at 10 p.m. PT.
With 60 No. 1 singles and more than 68.5 million records sold, George Strait is a musical legend and the most-nominated artist in CMA Awards history, with a career spanning more than three decades. He was the first country music artist honored with Billboard’s “Legend Of Live” Award, and he earned 2013’s Entertainer of the Year title from the Country Music Association as well as 2014’s Entertainer Of The Year title from the Academy of Country Music.
To re-watch the press conference, visit georgestraitlive.com.