Wednesday, October 26, 2016
Fourteen-time GRAMMY® Award-winning music legend Ricky Skaggs will perform on "Country Music's Biggest Night." Skaggs, a former CMA Entertainer of the Year, will be part of a star-studded lineup next week at "The 50th Annual CMA Awards."
"What a joy it is to be back at the CMA Awards," says Skaggs. "And to be included with so many of my heroes is very humbling."
Additional legendary performers include Alabama, Roy Clark, Charley Pride, Alan Jackson, Reba McEntire, Clint Black, Brooks & Dunn, Vince Gill, George Strait, Charlie Daniels, Randy Travis, Garth Brooks and more.
"The 50th Annual CMA Awards" will be hosted by Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood and broadcast live from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Wednesday, Nov. 2 (8:00-11:00 PM/ET) on the ABC Television Network.
It’s been a busy fall for Skaggs. He will be inducted into the Musicians Hall of Fame tonight in Nashville and on Monday, October 31, he will be honored by ASCAP when he receives the organization's prestigious Founders Award.
For more information on Ricky Skaggs, visit www.rickyskaggs.com
It's almost that time of year, only a little over a month left to shop for those gifts. This year consider giving the gift of music, it gives back every time you listen. When doing your shopping, consider purchasing music from a new artist. Music is always the perfect gift.
As music fans, we're all here for one reason, to be activists for music and those that create it. Here are some great tips to be a great activist and get your voice heard. Be loud, stand up and start talking.
1.- Start small. You don't have to go all out, just start.
2. - Act locally, go listen to local bands, give local artists a chance
3. - Be open minded.
4. - Listen to those you're trying to help. They know what they need, you may not.
5. - Be willing to change your opinion through listening to those of others.
6. - Acknowledge that your way isn't always the best way.
7. - See the big picture and pay attention to the details.
8. - See something bigger than yourself.
9. - Look at the situation through a child's eyes, as someone coming in for the first time, look for things that you know something about.
10. - Pay attention to what's not only being said, but what isn't being said.
11. - Don't be afraid to try new avenues, new ways of doing things, update your thinking.
12. - There is a box, think outside of it, outside of your comfort zone.
13. - Gain experience and learn from it.
14. - Know what you're talking about before you say something.
15. - Surround yourself with people interested in the same cause.
16. - You're not going to be right 100% of the time, no one is. Admit it ahead of time, accept it and live with it.
17. - Don't take yourself so seriously. Lighten up.
18. - Don't feel like you're not doing enough, caring enough to do something is more than enough.
19. - Make the effort, not excuses.
20. - Focus on reasons that what you're fighting for will work, not the reasons it might not.
21. - Do what you feel is right and what YOU truly believe in.
22. - If you can't put your heart into it, take yourself out of it.
23. - Be genuine, be authentic, be yourself. There are enough people out there trying to be like someone else, just be you. There is only one of those.
24. - Don't be afraid to question something if you feel it's wrong.
25. - Stand up, even if you're the only one standing.
26. - Speak up, no one will hear if you don't say anything.
27. - Speak your own voice, don't be someone else's echo.
28. - Get off your ass and do something about it, don't just talk about it.
29. - Believe that you make a difference.
30. - Be proud of what you do and don't give up doing it, even when that's the only thing you want to do.
31. - Keep it kind.