New Song "God and Country Music" Available Now
Strait to Vegas Sees 21st and 22nd Sold-Out Shows this Weekend; Due to Overwhelming Demand Adds Second Show in Fort Worth, Texas for Saturday, November 23
Tickets on Sale Friday, February 8
Iconic entertainer and King of Country Music George Strait announces today his brand-new album Honky Tonk Time Machine due out Friday, March 29 on MCA Nashville. Comprised of 12 original titles plus Strait’s version of the Johnny Paycheck classic “Old Violin,” Honky Tonk Time Machine marks an incredible 30th career studio album for Strait. Strait, who produced the album alongside Chuck Ainlay, wrote eight of the 13 tracks including “Sing One with Willie” featuring Willie Nelson that the pair happily debuted at a recent Nashville show marking the first time the two country icons have ever shared the stage.
The Honky Tonk Time Machine album pre-order is available HERE and fans can hear new songs “Código” and “God and Country Music” now HERE. “God and Country Music,” written by Luke Laird, Barry Dean and Lori McKenna, introduces a very special vocal guest, Strait’s grandson, Harvey Strait.
“I’m really excited to have some new music coming out,” shares Strait. “It’s been about two years since I’ve released a record. It was great writing with Bubba and Dean again and creating such a beautiful song with Bubba and Jeff Hyde. Also, it was a very special thing for me to be able to write and sing one with the legend Willie Nelson. I hope everyone enjoys listening to Honky Tonk Time Machine as much as I enjoyed making it.”
The album news comes just ahead of Strait’s 21st and 22nd sold out Strait to Vegas shows at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena this weekend.
Honky Tonk Time Machine track listing:
1. “Every Little Honky Tonk Bar” - Written by George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon
2. “Two More Wishes” - Written by Jim Lauderdale and Odie Blackmon
3. “Some Nights” - Written by Bubba Strait, Brice Long and Phillip White
4. “God and Country Music” (with Harvey Strait) - Written by Luke Laird, Barry Dean and Lori McKenna
5. “Blue Water” - Written by George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon
6. “Sometimes Love” - Written by George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon
7. “Código” - Written by George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon
8. “Old Violin” - Written by Johnny Paycheck
9. “Take Me Away” - Written by George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon
10. “The Weight of the Badge” - Written by George Strait, Bubba Strait and Dean Dillon
11. “Honky Tonk Time Machine” - Written by Bubba Strait, Brice Long and Bart Butler
12. “What Goes Up” - Written by George Strait, Bubba Strait and Jeff Hyde
13. “Sing One with Willie” (featuring Willie Nelson) - Written by George Strait, Willie Nelson, Bubba Strait and Buddy Cannon
With an unmatched 60 singles hitting the top of the charts – more than any other artist in any genre – during the span of his 30-year career, Strait is the undeniable “King of Country Music.” He has collected 33 Platinum or multi-Platinum-selling albums, more than any country artist and ranking third across all genres behind only The Beatles and Elvis Presley. Strait is the only act in history to have a Top 10 hit every year for over three decades and has sold nearly 70 million albums and earned more than 60 major entertainment industry awards, including induction in the Country Music Hall of Fame in 2006.
This weekend, the Country Music Hall of Famer will play his 21st and 22nd sold-out shows at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The “Strait to Vegas” series began with six shows in 2016 and extended with 10 more in 2017. In 2018, Strait headlined Bayou Country Superfest to a sold-out Mercedes-Benz Superdome crowd in New Orleans, Louisiana, two nights in Tulsa, Oklahoma and one night in Austin, Texas. This year, fans can catch Strait at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta on March 30, Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Ohio on June 8, two additional engagements of “Strait to Vegas” at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on August 23 and 24 and Dickies Arena in Fort Worth, Texas on November 22 and, due to overwhelming demand, has added a second show on November 23, with tickets going on sale Friday, February 8 at ticketmaster.com. For more information, visit www.GeorgeStrait.com.