New 12-Song Collection Available Everywhere Now
North Carolina Native Surpasses 1 Billion Career Streams on Pandora
Current Single “You Time” Nears Top of the Charts at No. 2
On the heels of releasing his latest album Same Truck on Friday, Sept. 17, multi-platinum selling Triple Tigers recording artist Scotty McCreery joined the third hour of NBC’s “TODAY” to perform “Damn Strait,” already a fan-favorite since its release last week ahead of the album’s full release. Watch McCreery perform the song HERE.
Earmarked to be the next single from the album, Rolling Stone has named the song a “Pick of the Week” calling it “clever songwriting, delivered by one of the genres’ best King George disciples. While Billboard praises, “Another ace is the clever track ‘Damn Strait,’ a rare outside cut on the project, penned by Trent Tomlinson and Jim Collins, in which McCreery name checks several of King George's greatest hits.” The Grand Ole Opry debut of the song has garnered over 43K views since its release.
“I had an email from Kevin Herring at my label and he said, ‘Hey, take a listen to this song. It just came through for you,’ and I kind of had a little mini freak out session because I’m a huge George Strait fan,” McCreery shared with Billboard. “I love the different tidbits in there of songs of his... It’s a classic country breakup song, but [it’s also] paying homage to George Strait throughout the song. It’s so cleverly written. If you’re a country fan, a George Strait fan, this song is so cool.”
In addition to celebrating the release of Same Truck with today’s interview and performance, McCreery also talked about being recognized recently with one billion career streams on Pandora and receiving his Billionaire Plaque. Also, McCreery now has been added to the Pandora Country Billionaires station.
On his fifth studio album, the Garner, North Carolina native shifts his perspective to reflect on the last decade of his career and life with wife Gabi and dog Moose, with Tennessean sharing, “McCreery walks a sonic tightrope that leans into his country influences while not abandoning modern Music Row hitmaking,” while Sounds Like Nashville observes, “with 12 tracks in total, those songs ended up showing more maturity than ever, and exploring everything from the common bonds his fans share to the eternal flame of romance.”
Lead single “You Time,” co-written with producers Same Truck producers Frank Rogers and Aaron Eshuis, follows McCreery’s three consecutive No. 1’s from 2018’s Seasons Change, and continues climbing the charts at Country radio at No. 2 on both the Billboard and Mediabase/Country Aircheck chart.
Same Truck was produced by Rogers, Eshuis and Derek Wells, the team who produced his previous project, the RIAA Gold certified Seasons Change that has sold more than 700,000 copies to date, debuted at No.1 on the Billboard Country Albums Chart, and contained his three consecutive No. 1 hits: the Double RIAA Platinum certified “Five More Minutes,” Platinum certified “This is It,” and Gold certified “In Between.” McCreery co-wrote every song on that album.
Track list for Same Truck:
1. Same Truck (Scotty McCreery, Ashley Gorley, Taylor Phillips, Zach Crowell)
2. You Time (Scotty McCreery, Frank Rogers, Aaron Eshuis)
3. It Matters To Her (Scotty McCreery, Rhett Akins, Lee Thomas Miller)
4. Damn Strait (Trent Tomlinson, Jim Collins)
5. It’ll Grow On Ya (Jeremy Bussey, Jason Blaine, Taylor Phillips, Adam Wood)
6. The Waiter (Scotty McCreery, Matthew West, Frank Rogers)
7. Why You Gotta Be Like That (Scotty McCreery, Jordan Schmidt, James McNair)
8. Home (Scotty McCreery, Frank Rogers, Brent Anderson, Tammi Kidd)
9. Carolina To Me (Scotty McCreery, Jeremy Bussey, Taylor Phillips)
10. Small Town Girl (Scotty McCreery, Ashley Gorley, Zach Crowell)
11. That Kind of Fire (Scotty McCreery, Josh Hoge, Matt McVaney, Justin Wilson)
12. How Ya Doin’ Up There (Scotty McCreery, Monty Criswell, Derek George, Tyler Reeve)