GEARS UP FOR FIRST TIME APPEARANCE AT STAGECOACH TODAY
RELEASE WEEK SHOWS IN LOS ANGELES & NASHVILLE
ENDS THE WEEK KICKING OFF THOMAS RHETT TOUR
Known for his “strong voice that grips a lyric with ferocity” (Billboard), rising star Nate Smith released his self-titled debut album today. Due to incredible fan demand on his social platforms, he released a deluxe version of the album today as well, which includes the highly anticipated track “World On Fire” and five other new songs. Listen here.
Nate shared about the project: “It has been so much fun making this album, and I really believe in every one of these songs. Releasing an album has always been a goal of mine, but at the end of the day it’s really not about me. It’s about being able to reach other people with music that means something.” He adds that his mission with his music is to be a “conduit of hope”; a selfless and passionate driving force that’s thematic in his songs. “I’m not trying to be cool, or reinvent the wheel, or chase musical trends…I’m going after the heart of the matter.”
Nate’s journey to Nashville and the challenges he endured along the way are traceable in his gravelly tone, including losing his hometown of Paradise, CA to Camp Fire, the deadliest and most destructive fire in the state’s history. Following the fire, Nate turned to music to cope, eventually inspiring a cross-country road trip to Nashville to pursue music fulltime.
Through all the hardships, the rising star found purpose and hope. Like Nate, the collection of songs is honest, raw, real, and threaded together with optimism. While each song tells its own story, Nate unveils two sides of his artistry through the project: deep, heartfelt ballads and fun-loving, drink in the air, country jams. The two are intertwined with undeniable hooks and his signature velvet thunder vocals.
2023 is shaping up to be a breakthrough year for the entertainer, who is a nominee for NEW MALE ARTIST OF THE YEAR at the 58th ACM Awards. Fans can tune in on May 11 at 8 p.m. ET / 7:00 p.m. CT / 5:00 p.m. PT as it streams live exclusively on Prime Video from Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, TX. This nomination arrives on the heels of his 2023 CMT Awards nomination for BREAKTHROUGH MALE VIDEO OF THE YEAR for his Platinum-certified No.1 hit “Whiskey On You.” The smash single topped the country radio charts for two weeks in a row earlier this year, following its record breaking six-week run at No. 1 on the country radio charts in Canada – making the song the longest running No. 1 country debut by a male vocalist in their chart history.
Nate was also recognized on multiple 2023 “Artist to Watch” lists this year including Amazon’s Breakthrough Artists to Watch, MusicRow’s Next Big Thing, CMT’s Listen Up, CRS New Faces, among others. With his first No. 1 under his belt and over 672 million total global career streams to date, Nate proves to be “powering through his own lane and will only go up from here” (MusicRow).
In addition to his first-ever album dropping today, he will also be taking the stage at Stagecoach for the first time. Next week, he’ll make stops in LA and then Nashville for headlining shows before hitting the road with Thomas Rhett for his HOME TEAM TOUR 23 beginning next Thursday. The tour will kick off May 4 in Des Moines, IA, and will hit a total of 40 cities this summer. This fall, he’ll open for Cole Swindell’s THE TWELVE TOUR.
NATE SMITH TRACK LISTING:
1. If I Could Stop Loving You (Jason Massey/Matt Rogers/Justin Wilson)
2. Alright, Alright, Alright (Joey Hendricks/Jessie Jo Dillon/Daniel Ross)
3. One Good Girl (Nate Smith/Lindsay Rimes/Jonathan Singleton)
4. Back At It Again (Trannie Anderson/Adam Doleac/Jason Massey)
5. You Ain't Been In Love (Nate Smith/Zach Abend/Andy Albert/Blake Pendergrass)
6. Better Boy (Michael Hardy/Taylor Phillips)
7. You Only Want Me When You're Drunk (Nate Smith/Lindsay Rimes/Seth Alley)
8. Bad Memory (Nate Smith/James McNair/Lindsay Rimes/Emily Weisband)
9. Oil Spot (Jared Hampton/Tate Howell/Drew Kennedy)
10. Wreckage (Nate Smith/Mary Kutter/Chris Sligh/Paul Wrock)
11. LFG (Nate Smith/Adam James/Mikey Reaves)
12. Whiskey On You (Nate Smith/Lindsay Rimes/Russell Sutton)
13. You Shouldn't Have To (Nate Smith/Matt Alderman/Brian Bunn)
14. Sleeve (Nate Smith/Brian Scott Alexander/Mary Kutter/Noah Jackson Lubert)
15. I Found You (Nate Smith/Chris Gelbuda/Kyle Schlienger)
16. Backseat (Adam James/Steven McMorran/Andy Sheridan)
17. Name Storms After (Nate Smith/Trannie Anderson/Seth Alley)
18. Raised Up (Nate Smith/Trannie Anderson/Jonathan Smith)
19. Under My Skin (Nate Smith/Trysette Maree Loosemore/Larry McCoy)
20. I Don't Wanna Go To Heaven (Nate Smith/Daniel Fernandez)
21. World on Fire (Nate Smith/Ashley Gorley/Taylor Phillips/Lindsay Rimes) – DELUXE
22. I Don't Miss You (Seth Alley/James McNair/Heath Warren) – DELUXE
23. Good By Now (Nate Smith/Ashley Gorley/Taylor Phillips/Lindsay Rimes) – DELUXE
24. What an Angel Ain't (Nate Smith/Zach Abend/Michael Hardy) – DELUXE
25. Dear Heart (Nate Smith/Tofer Brown/Emily Weisband) – DELUXE
26. Love Is Blind (Nate Smith/Jessie Jo Dillon/Jesse Frasure/Geoff Warburton) – DELUXE
Tracks 1-8, 11-13, 15, 17, 21-23, 25-26 Produced by Lindsay Rimes
Track 9 Produced by Jared Hampton
Tracks 10, 14, 16, 18-20 Produced by Joël Bruyère
Track 20 Produced by Joël Bruyère and Nate Smith
Track 24 Produced by Zach Abend
For tour dates, tickets, and additional information, visit NateSmithOfficial.com.