Music video for title track “Boot Up” available everywhere now
Listen to "Boot Up"here
Nashville duo Southerland releases its debut EP, Boot Up, today. The seven-song EP showcases Southerland’ s innate ability to mix timeless country harmonies over modern production from Greg Bates, showcasing the true duo’s nostalgic yet current sound.
"We could not be more proud of the seven songs on this EP," shares Southerland. "When then pandemic hit, we took the opportunity to write and record music that truly tells the story of who we are as a duo. These songs are such an authentic picture into who we are and the kind of music that influenced us."
In tandem with their debut EP, Southerland releases a music video for the title track “Boot Up,” available everywhere today. The video highlights the working class - secretaries, military personnel, farmers, bartenders and construction workers- “booting up” for their daily shift.
Forbes has tapped Southerland as “a new duo taking country music back to its roots” while Rolling Stone notes Southerland continues to usher in a “traditional country revival.”
This summer, the duo comprised of Matt Chase and Chris Rogers, have opened shows for Mitchell Tenpenny and Jon Langston and will join Michael Ray in June. More dates will be announced soon, bringing their all-new music to fans throughout the country. The singer/songwriters have shared the stage with Luke Combs, Lauren Alaina, Eli Young Band, Brantley Gilbert, Montgomery Gentry, Craig Morgan, Darius Rucker, Morgan Wallen and many more.
For more information on Southerland and for a full list of tour dates, visit southerlandmusic.com and keep up with them on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and TikTok.
Boot Up Track Listing:
1. “Boot Up” (Greg Bates, Matt Chase, Chris Rogers, Austin Taylor Smith)
2. “Might As Well Be Us” (Greg Bates, Matt Chase, Chris Rogers)
3. “Came Out of Nowhere” (Jessi Alexander, Matt Chase, Chris Rogers)
4. “Dance” (Greg Bates, Matt Chase, Chris Rogers)
5. “Along Those Lines” (Greg Bates, Matt Chase, Chris Rogers, Driver Williams)
6. “Little Bit of You” (Greg Bates, Matt Chase, Chris Rogers)
7. “Thing Is” (Matt Chase, Greg Bates, Chris Rogers)*
*Produced by Trent Willmon