Brand New Track “Screened In” is Out Today (11/12)
Multi-platinum Quartz Hill Records artist Joe Nichols is set to release his long-awaited new album, Good Day For Living, on 2/11/22. The 13-song collection, his inaugural project with new label home and tenth studio album, ushers in a new era of classic-influenced country music from Nichols, one of the format’s most-lauded 21st-century traditionalists.
Pre-Save/Pre-Add Good Day For Living HERE.
His first new full-length project in four years, Good Day For Living reunites Nichols with acclaimed music producers Mickey Jack Cones and Derek George, who helmed his 2013 album Crickets containing back-to-back number 1 GOLD-certified hits "Sunny and 75" and "Yeah.” Cones also produced Nichols’ follow-up album, critically acclaimed Never Gets Old.
"For the first time in a long time, I don't feel any pressure," Nichols says. "I'm around great people. I'm the type of person who's always striving for more, but I've reached a place where I'm grateful for everything I've accomplished so far. It's been such a good run. I feel at peace, and that has freed me up to make new music that's very honest."
The collection features his newest single, "Home Run,” written by award-winning songwriters Ashley Gorley, Dallas Davidson and Ross Copperman. The album’s “Screened In,” is out today (11/12). Penned by hitmakers Neil Thrasher and Anthony Jerome Martin, the feel-good country thumper mixes a modern melody with a singalong lyric that fits the Arkansas native’s natural drawl like a glove.
“Screened In” is available at all digital retailers now (11/12). Stream/ buy “Screened In” HERE.
Other songs releasing in advance of the full album include "I Wanna Be Your Tonight" (12/10) and the title track," Good Day For Living” (1/28). The entire project is a no-doubt nod to Nichols’ traditional roots, showcasing his smooth baritone on Saturday night dancehall stunner “Brokenhearted,” the light and fun “I Got Friends That Do,” featuring Blake Shelton, and the classic country tear-jerker “She Was.”
Good Day For Living - Track List
1. “Brokenhearted” (Rhett Akins, Marv Green, John Thomas Harding)
2. “I Got Friends That Do” (feat. Blake Shelton) (Danick Dupelle, Tebey Ottoh, Jimmy Thow)
3. “Home Run”* (Ashley Gorley, Dallas Davidson, Ross Copperman)
4. “Dance With the Girl” (Jason Gantt, John Pierce, Emily Shackelton)
5. “I Wanna Be Your Tonight” (Philip O’Donnell, Wade Kirby, Marv Green)
6. “Good Day For Living” (Dave Cohen, Bobby Hambrick, Neil Mason)
7. “Screened In” (Neil Thrasher, Anthony Jerome Martin)
8. “That’s How I Grew Up” (Steven McMorran, Josh London, Adam Craig)
9. “Reckon” (Derek George, Randy Montana, Jeremy Stover)
10. “Why Can’t She” (Adam Craig, Jon Nite, Matt Rogers)
11. “One Two Step Closer”* (Justin Lantz, Clint Daniels, Lance Miller)
12. “Hawaii on Me”^ (Chris Janson, Will Nance, Kelly Roland)
13. “She Was” (Neal Lee Coty, Jimmy Edward Melton)
Produced by Mickey Jack Cones and Derek George
Mixed by Jim Cooley at Cooley’s Mix Room (Nashville, TN)
* Mixed by Jim Cooley and Mickey Jack Cones at Cooley’s Mix Room (Nashville, TN)
^ Mixed by Mickey Jack Cones
Mastered by Andrew Mendelson at Georgetown Masters (Nashville, TN)
Blake Shelton appears courtesy of Warner Music Nashville